7 ways to use bacon!
Smoked Bacon Salt
– Cook your bacon and chop. Put into a blender with salt and pulse. (If you want a more intense smoky flavor add smoke salt
– Chop your bacon and put it into a pan and cook down. Pour all that yummy bacon grease into a jar or bowl and let it cool down. Once it solidify you can roll it out into a log and wrap in saran wrap. Now you have bacon butter! (You may find it easier to chop the bacon when it is frozen)
– You can use store bought pancake/cupcake mix if you want but if not…Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and eggs until smooth. Splash in some milk and maple syrup. Add a few dashes of vanilla extract and sprinkle in bacon salt and your cooked chopped bacon. Mix again and pour into greased cupcake holders. Bake around 350-400, and top with bacon butter cream (recipe below).
Batter recipe from bacon cupcake.
– Heat butter or bacon butter in a pan till melted and pour batter onto hot pan. Once bubbles start to form flip! Top with maple syrup for yummy maple bacon pancakes!
Bacon Butter Cream Frosting
1 stick of Butter
– In a bowl combine 1 stick of room temperature butter, bacon salt, powdered sugar, melted bacon butter and a splash of milk or cream. Mix till smooth. Top your Bacon Cupcakes with this sweet salt bacon butter cream!
Candied Cayenne Bacon
– Mix brown sugar and cayenne pepper together and coat uncooked bacon. Place on a rack and bake in the oven (350-400) till crisp and dark!
– Take uncooked bacon and weave together. You can either just bake the bacon weave as is or…Jazz it up a bit and wrap the weave around a can or oven safe mug, just make sure you spray the mug first so the bacon doesn’t stick.